Monday, April 12, 2010

Big Day Out @ Merrion Square - St. Patricks Day Festival

Catching up on some uploading this week - The St. Patrick's Day Festival Big Day Out at Merrion Square in Dublin happens over a week, a few days either side of the actual day itself. It's a family affair, as the song goes, and it's a great few days of street performance, music, food and entertainment, with the entire square closed to traffic and one side housing a fun-fair complete with ferris wheel, etc.

I went for a stroll on the Sunday, and was hoping to get some candid shots of people going about their business and enjoying the day. However, I still haven't managed the art of taking a picture of someone or capturing a moment without the people actually noticing you taking a photograph of them!

Either way, I grabbed a few shots of the performers, and a random shot of a kids balloon which I realised a few days later wasn't a million miles away from a shot in the actual TV ad for my camera, the Lumix G1 - guess I'm on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment