Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Boards.ie Photowalk

I've always been a bit of a lurker on Boards.ie, an Irish message board site covering pretty much every topic under the sun, but never really interacted with it that much. I decided it was time to get more involved with the photography board, and noticed that they were organising a photowalk based around the area I live.

There were about 7 or 8 people in all, ranging from folks with point and shoot pocket cameras to the more serious intercontinental-lens-wielding semi-pro's. The walk took us from Ballsbridge down along the river Dodder, past the new Aviva Stadium and towards the Grand Canal Dock area. I definitely took the most amount of photos from any one event but, as always, there are only a few keepers or ones that I actually felt were good. I also experimented a bit with the Manual Focus settings on my camera which was surprisingly easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment