Thursday, March 4, 2010

John Spillane @ Google

Another @Google session, this time with John Spillane. John was so entertaining I almost forgot to take some pictures, but I grabbed a few toward the end of his set. After the Gemma Hayes and Mick Flannery sessions, I noticed that some other (more experienced) people there came out with much better looking black&white pics.

When I used black&white on my own camera, I ended up with an almost identical shot to when I use standard colour, except the tones were now changed to greyscale. The more experienced guys ended up with shots that seemed to give less shades of grey and a noticable step between light and shadow. I played around with the camera settings for a bit and I think I've managed to get it a bit better.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment